To Create an environment in which the Principal, Teachers and Staff, through the performance of their daily duties and responsibilities, give witness to Catholic Christian principles, thereby enriching the lives of those they encounter.
- To provide the students with sound, quality education through its holistic programme which includes Occupational Education and Training.
- To equip them academically, socially and spiritually, for the challenges of life and work.
- To develop specific skills and attitudes which will enable them to contribute positively, to the resources of Church, Community and Country.
Corpus Christi College of Occupational Education and Training (formally Corpus Christi High School) was established on September 08, 1959. The school opened its doors as the first all-girls Catholic High School in Diego Martin. Official classes began for the first group of thirty-nine (39) students on September 09, 1956. Sister Petronilla Joseph O.Carm, our current principal, was one of these students.
Our school was opened on the request of concerned parents who were reluctant to send their daughters to Port-of-Spain for secondary schooling. The school was first housed in a large room at the Diego Martin Convent. Archbishop of Port-of-Spain, Count Finbar Ryan, asked that the school be named Corpus Christi School, in honour of the very first school our Mother Foundress, Mother Mary of the Blessed Sacrament, had begun in Leicester England.
One of the most significant events in the history of this remarkable institution came on July 07, 1976. This date marks the introduction of the concept of Occupational Education and Training into the school curriculum. This is a system of education, which seeks through its triangular approach;
· The acquisition of knowledge
· The development of specific skills and
· Training for entry into the World of Work to prepare each student to take her rightful place in the society.
The first group of thirteen (13) graduates wrote examinations (GCE) in 1964. Among them was Angela Lalla (now Angela Singh) who is the Bursar at the College.
Through the Years
1959: The opening of the first all-girls Catholic High School to be opened in the Diego Martin Community.
1963: Corpus Christi High School registered as an Educational Institution by the Ministry of Education.
1964: First Vocation to Religious Life. Former Student, Catherine Campbell, joined the Corpus Christi Carmelites.
1970: Sr. Petronilla Joseph (former student Gloris Joseph) appointed third Principal of Corpus Christi College.
1985: Introduction of A-Level Programme into the School Curriculum.
1995: Building of ‘New block’ at the back of the college.
2002: Corpus Christi College accepts visually impaired student Mikkel Trestrail into the A-Level Programme.
2005: Sr. Petronilla Joseph O.Carm is honoured with an Independence Day National Award for her service to National Education.